About Blitz Media & Events
What we do
Blitz Media & Events is a boutique Communications agency specializing in media relations (PR), social media, and event management. We are a small team with incredible clients and partners. Known for our hard work ethic, real time results, and strategic solutions we are looking for a new manager to join our team. Clients include a variety of industries including agriculture, lifestyle, food and beverage, design and development and reside worldwide and include Vancouver, Okanagan, Seattle, and Chile.
What you do... really well!
As the Communications Coordinator you are responsible for creating and managing paid social media ads for our small business clients across Canada, as well as play a supporting role for Account Managers in the day-to-day execution and administration of social and media campaigns. You live and breath all social platforms and regularly tweet, blog, snap, gram with flare.
A day in the life looks like:
• Create and manage paid social media ad campaigns in line with our client’s requirements and expectations
• Manage daily content on all social platforms for a number of client campaigns
• Ensure maximized social engagement and growth
• Provide on-going support for new and existing campaigns
• Coordinate client portfolios
• Follow Social Media and Influencer trends and stay on top of industry changes
• Research media, blogs, influencers and keep our media database current and updated
• Regularly produce client reports
• Create and distribute pitches which lead to coverage for client campaigns
Skills & Experience
Past experience in pitching, media management and social media
Knowledge of blogs and influencers across Canada
Enhanced knowledge of social media
Past experience managing social media channels
Basic knowledge of Indesign, photoshop, or other photo management software
Eager attitude and ready to support on a number of projects
This is a 1-year contract position to start August 2016, with an option to continue past August 2017 after performance evaluation.
Flexible work space
Must have car and ability to travel for client meetings (Vancouver predominantly)
Apply with your resume and details to andrea@bLItzme.ca with the subject line Communications Coordinator
Thanks for your consideration in joining the Blitz team!